May 1, 2023: We are hiring! We are looking for a Development Director!
Who we are
We are Defenders of Potential! Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Central Indiana seeks to ignite the power and promise of youth throughout our communities. We operate in communities all across the South Central Indiana area. Our mentors work with children in the community, in their schools, at after-school clubs, and many places in between. Our unique brand of one-to-one mentoring has a Big impact all over the nation. We believe in, and affirm justice, equity, diversity and inclusion for our families we serve, volunteers, and staff members.
Who we’re looking for
BBBSSCI is looking to hire an enthusiastic, highly motivated and qualified Development Director to support our future growth. This position is located in Bloomington, Indiana. The primary role of this position is to develop relationships with individuals and organizations to raise awareness and secure philanthropic support. They will also keep those donors informed on how their financial input is making our community a better place for youth. This position will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the staff.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead and increase the fundraising capacity in South Central Indiana.
- Build and cultivate new, current and former donors to encourage ongoing contributions.
- Support grant funding opportunities.
- Acts as one of the primary contacts for funding, donations and fundraising event inquiries.
- Maintains donor database through Salesforce to optimize fundraising opportunities.
- Performs networking at selected community and leadership events.
- Furnish the board of directors with regular progress reports.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, to analyze and solve problems, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking.
- Creativity and a strong sense of integrity are important.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to work on an energetic, collaborative team and have fun.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
What we’ll bring
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect through a DEI, social justice and anti-racist lens.
- An excellent health benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and accidental coverage.
- Generous personal time off policy and holiday pay.
- Flexible work hours.
- An opportunity to work with and meet our youth, families, volunteers and donors.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org